Pages

Friday, 30 October 2009

The Stream Of Life

11/10/2009 - Another meaningful day - my third blood donation. Although it was the third time, but the feel of joy yet filled my heart. The happiness just ooze in after I donated.

I didn't blog much for the first and second time, because I have no photo. This time, still, I don't have photo, but I got VIDEO!


What is blood donation like?
I walked into Hui Yin Seh, then register and measure my weight. After then, go for haemoglobin test. Then, wait for the lab technologist to call you. Lie on the bed and the lab technologist will do the rest. They find your vein, then inject anesthesia. They detect your vein again, then inject the big needle which is used to collect your blood. Your blood is channeled into a pack. About 450ml of your blood left your body and the donation process is done. You MUST rest for about 15 minutes. Then they plaster your wound. Have a cup of MILO!

For the first time, I have huge bruise surrounding my wound. But for the second and third time, nothing but a bit numb. I now have three scars, or I would call it marks, on my hand. Proud!

Have you donated??

Visit http://hokokato.blogspot.com/ to find out more info about blood donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment