"We're all too driven by materialism. With success. With money. With trying to impress people who'll never be impressed, whatever you..." He breaks off, breathing hard. "It's humanity that matters. We should know homeless people. We should know Bolivian peasants."
"Well... yes," I say after a pause. "But still --"
"Something you said a while back has been going round and round in my head all day. And now I can't forget it."
"What was that?" I say nervously.
"You said..." He pauses, as though trying to get the words just right. "You said that we're on this planet for too short a time. And the end of the day, what's more important? Knowing that a few meaningless figures balanced -- or known that you were the person you wanted to be?"
---Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Yeah, we're obsessed, from what we see that they are important, from what the society regard as important. We've lost ourselves. Where's the little girl who always dream to be a top fashion designer? where's the little girl who tried her best to put each every fabric in one to create the best outfit? Gone, she's not in me anymore. The little girl changed a lot. She even dreamed to be a dentist. And, she knows nothing about being a dentist. She is not that enthusiastic towards this so-called profession at all. What? Because of money? Perhaps. The high salary may grab her from the poverty cycle and what not. But why?
I got a friend, intend to pursue dentist in the future. I've once told her that I wanted to be a dentist. So we're like on the same path. Until not long ago, I realize that dentist is not my core. I'm not born to be a dentist. I like genetics, so I decided to aim for genetics. And she was like, am I serious, then claiming that I'm really brave to choose such course. Am I wrong from choosing what I like? Is that the only way that us can do in the future? Doctor, dentist, whatsoever you think that they are highly respected in the society. They are still mankind anyway. Some of them may know nothing about K-pop, about dancing, about languages, about anything besides of human body. Even so, they might not have great sex life. They bury their whole life in their career. Yeah, they are that dedicated to their job. But, is this life? Great results, high salary, luxurious sofas, a few Forever 21 and Rolex really fulfill you, in and out?
I will do my best in the nest school year, I swear, not because of the certificate-first society, but on account of me myself. I may spending the rest of my life to find out what I really like, and what really matters. It's not a waste of time, but a prove of time. After all, I'm still chio-er than a nerdy doctor/dentist.
=)
Say bye to emo!
I don't need you to cheer my life up
and you don't have the right to make me moody.
YOU are the one who should be ashame
of what have you done,
seriously,
moron.
Go Away - 2NE1

No comments:
Post a Comment