Pages

Saturday, 23 October 2010

Guide to blog a blog

Ok, after having numerous tremendous number of blogs, I decided to blog on blogging!

Blog is sort of a journal. You write whatever you like because you're the journalist!!! This sounds more "PRO" rather than just a blogger.

Basically, to set up a blog, you'll need to choose a blog host (or if you're rich enough, buy your own domain from the blog host), such as Blogger, Xanga, Tumblr, Wordpress. Blogger is very user friendly and far more easier to manage than others so I chose Blogger. Then, think of a criteria on what you're going to blog about. You can blog about food, arts, photos, audio (podcasts), etc. You can even blog ALL about yourself like what I did (kinda vain, actually).

Step one, think your blog a name. Think first. I used "I'm not dead" at first because my blog revived form a long hiatus (I set it private before this). Think of a special name that no one owns. Your blog name should be kinda related on what you wrote. You can even use a phrase from a quote to make it like you're a literature guy or something. An original name (means that you don't simply copy others' blog title) will do. Bavriel Horvejkul? My name is Bavriel, and Horvejkul is the surname of Nichkhun. Not that I'm married to him (He's Victoria's by the way), is that I'm her daughter, which is equivalent to I'm Amber's sister. If you're not familiar with these names, you're totally out-moded! K-pop is now ruling the globe okay?!

To create an interesting blog, you'll need a pretty blog design. You can download a a lot of templates from the net or you design on your own in the form of HTML. My design is the template which is chosen from what Blogger provide then I uploaded my own photo as the background.

Then you start to posting on blog posts!
I often find that I have nothing to post on (yeah, my life is that dull and I don't want to blog too much to prevent others form stalking me XP). To blog impressively, you click here. I'm not qualify to write on good blogging cos' I'm didn't take good care of my blog. Don't cry, bloggie, I know we shall celebrate your birthday before I put you into a private blog, I promise that I'll buy you a cake, okay?~

Rather than living in your own little blogging world, socialize! Gaining traffic is why you blog. Thus, leave your link whenever you are : leaving comments, twittering, facebooking, exchanging information with your friends, drawing on your school's table, in a lift, yadda x3. Okay, this might sound too exaggerative if you just want to keep your blog a low profile. Bloggie, you want some fame don't you? *cos' that you got the ADS on your body!*

Finally, TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR BLOG. How many times I swore before to blog often but I end up abandoning it?! So,
I, Bavriel Horvejkul, hereby OFFICIALLY swear that I WILL BLOG MORE OFTEN and BUY MY BLOG A CAKE to celebrate his birthday (yes, my blog is a boy).
*signature is not necessary due to this is internet-based . * whatever~*
Blogging is good! Blogging helped me to improve my English a lot! Don't drop your jaw, I used Google Translate (not exactly translate the whole post) to blog, and to prevent mistakes, I even looked up The Free Dictionary (it's a good website anyway).

That's it what I've got from this long journey of blogging, since I'm Form 3, I think. I'd better end here to continue my revision. You'll see me still lurking on Facebook though. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment